More than 5 million Palestinians are denied equal rights by the state of Israel under a system of apartheid, a deliberate policy of racial or ethnic segregation.
Under Israeli military occupation, millions of Palestinians live in conditions which closely resemble the apartheid system that existed in South Africa.
- No right of free speech, assembly or movement
- Arrest and imprisonment without charge or trial
- House searches without warrant
- Assassination, extra-judicial murder
- No right to vote for the Israeli government (even though it controls their lives)
Israel controls all Palestinian borders, all imports and exports, and all movement between towns and cities.
THE GAZA STRIP, surrounded, besieged and controlled by Israel, has been sealed off and effectively turned into the world’s largest open-air prison.